Viking Data Entry (VDE) has been the preferred solution for faster, easier, more accurate keyboard data entry from paper documents for over 20 years. It combines the best features of “heads up” and “heads down” data entry in an integrated system available on a variety of computer platforms—PC, Linux, UNIX, VMS. VDE’s full-screen approach makes it as effective for “heads up” applications as it is for “heads down” entry. VDE includes the tools that are critical for the most challenging key entry applications.
You can easily customize VDE to meet requirements of the most demanding applications using the optional API and associated tools. Use standard programming languages—no need to learn specialized data entry languages.
- Easy development facility.
- Extensive field edits.
- Full-screen, “fill-in-the-blank” screen forms.
- Intelligent double-key verify mode with immediate correction capability.
- Powerful, easy-to-use file search.
- File conversion and reformatting utilities.
- Automatic balancing options.
- Conversions from key-to-disk machines—Nixdorf, 4-Phase, 3741, Tartan, DEF/2.